WELCOME

The content here is based on the Core Paradigm of human consciousness. I discovered this paradigm seventeen years ago and my life has not been the same since. It's focus is on supporting us in our life endeavors. Each title has a 'thought for the day' and an 'action you can take' to challenge the status quo of the issues you face. Please feel free to browse the various titles, ask questions, comment or challenge anything posted. If you have specific requests or issues you wish me to address let me know. You may contact me at larsline@mail.com or go to my website at http://www.lifeaftersurvival.com/ to learn more about the paradigm and read about my book Life after Survival: Consciously Evolving our Consciousness. I hope you will find value and return often...Larry

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Skippy Takes a Break

Skippy is my alter ego...he runs my life when conditions seem to warrant his protection...situations like trying to perform a skill, or fix something mechanical...all the situations I apparently failed at as a child at the foot of a very angry father...Skippy is my friend, he sabotages my golf shots, makes me crazy when I can't put together a Christmas present and generally makes a nuisance out of himself...when I am channelling Skippy I feel depressed, anxious, sad, frustrated, stubborn, angry, and guilty...Skippy is my friend....

The good news is you have a Skippy too...an alter ego formed in early childhood to fight the bears of your world...the feelings you have which are problematic, the behaviors which are unproductive or savagely counter to your well being...a good friend who's only job is to keep you safe...

"Good friend you say, Sounds more like a Hitler creep"...Yes, that was Skippy too...Even though Skippy can produce some hideous results, the solution to success is not to hate him or denigrate him (or her) the answer is to love him/her into submission...Skippy means well, he is just trying to cope when coping is the problem...You are trying to cope when coping is the problem...learn how to recognize when Skippy is running (spelled ruining) your life and acknowledge his/her desire to protect you and ask Skippy to take a break...eventually he/she will and YOU the big YOU can get back to being in charge of your life...name your Skippy...an affectionate playful name and learn to recognize when you have slipped into that Skippy behavior...then stop, breathe and release from the fear that drives you to be a person you just as soon not be...give Skippy a break...I have been, and my golf is far more fun and I'm scoring better too! Remember, love the one's you're with...until next time, I remain...Respectfully Yours, Larry

Free Website Counter


Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

please, let me know what you're thinking...and let me know if you want a particular subject addressed