WELCOME

The content here is based on the Core Paradigm of human consciousness. I discovered this paradigm seventeen years ago and my life has not been the same since. It's focus is on supporting us in our life endeavors. Each title has a 'thought for the day' and an 'action you can take' to challenge the status quo of the issues you face. Please feel free to browse the various titles, ask questions, comment or challenge anything posted. If you have specific requests or issues you wish me to address let me know. You may contact me at larsline@mail.com or go to my website at http://www.lifeaftersurvival.com/ to learn more about the paradigm and read about my book Life after Survival: Consciously Evolving our Consciousness. I hope you will find value and return often...Larry

Friday, November 20, 2009

Skippy and Me--Overcoming Limitations

Have you ever noticed that sometimes it seems that there is a glass ceiling on your life...things that just never seem to quite turn out or let you have the success (joy, peace of mind, goodwill, etc.--Pick one--) you are looking for? Boy that's been true for me. When I go out to play golf, a game I've been playing for fifty years things often get weird.

In my book "Life after Survival: Consciously Evolving our Consciousness" I talk about the Core Paradigm and how the fear/pain based consciousness can take over and direct our lives and results, without our Authentic Self having a say...The Auto/Protector is a powerful player in my life and yours and can keep us from having things we want in life...The Auto/protector is trying to act in your best interest to avoid pain or keep you safe but its methods often are at odds with the more rational part of us that would like to achieve certain things in our lives. In the Core Profile I often ask clients to name their Auto/protector self as a way of dis-identifying from its powerful effects in their lives...well, I decided to take my own advice... I took to calling my fear based reaction, Skippy, a light and fun name that both lightened and relaxed the angst I would feel on the golf course...the results were quite amazing...While I should be able to play competently on a golf course I was seldom breaking a hundred...shots would go everywhere but near the hole...and then when I started addressing Skippy and telling him it was okay to let Larry play once in a while things began to change...I began to really enjoy golf again...I started making pars and birdies...I hit the ball further and straighter and I began facing some of the daemons that have plagued me since childhood...You can too...Take a look at some of your coping behaviors...notice the feelings you have when you are upset and put a name to them all, as if, it was someone else using your body to feel these things and do these behaviors (because in very real ways, IT IS)...talk to this person...tell them you understand they are trying to protect you, but it is safe now and you'd like to play too...see if this separation helps you as you face anxiety, depression, anger, frustration, guilt and shame...learn that coping is just that...coping...not living and loving and being alive...learn to dis-identify from the unsuccessful behaviors in your life and bring more of YOU the big YOU to the party...until next time...Love the one's you're with...I remain...Respectfully Yours, Larry

Free Website Counter


Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

please, let me know what you're thinking...and let me know if you want a particular subject addressed