WELCOME

The content here is based on the Core Paradigm of human consciousness. I discovered this paradigm seventeen years ago and my life has not been the same since. It's focus is on supporting us in our life endeavors. Each title has a 'thought for the day' and an 'action you can take' to challenge the status quo of the issues you face. Please feel free to browse the various titles, ask questions, comment or challenge anything posted. If you have specific requests or issues you wish me to address let me know. You may contact me at larsline@mail.com or go to my website at http://www.lifeaftersurvival.com/ to learn more about the paradigm and read about my book Life after Survival: Consciously Evolving our Consciousness. I hope you will find value and return often...Larry

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

That Makes Me Happy

Ever say that? "That makes me happy." Oh, really! In that statement who has the power...YOU or the 'circumstance' to which you are referring? Who would you prefer to have the power to make you happy...your inner self or willy nilly circumstances?

We all know the answer to that one...but when it comes to language and to the way we act...circumstance is often the winner...It does make me happy when I am heard and listened to...I am happy you liked what I had to say...It makes me sad when you criticise me, and through it all, in the game of ping pong (and life)...I am the ball.... I don't want to be the ball and I don't think you do either...Yes, it makes us happy to win, and sad to lose, it makes us happy to be loved and sad when someone is ill or dies...and yet, who are we referring to where these things are true? If you will indulge me for a moment I should like to answer that....

When we say, "That makes 'me' happy", we are referring to the little 'me' the reactionary automatic survival 'me'...not the 'ME' of our Authentic Self. In the response to life from our authentic self we make ourselves happy and are happy, even in the face of death or crippling circumstance...it is why when researchers asked a number of P.O.W.'s if they could live their life again and eliminate the torture and confinement of their imprisonment, "...would they do it?" The answer from almost all was, "No, never, I know I could never learn many of the life lessons that make me who I am today, without the experiences I had then." It seems impossible, but life circumstance and experience is teaching us and creating and recreating us to be all that we can be..."it is all a blessing" and we can choose to find that place in ourselves where that last statement is true...If you are struggling to do that in any area of your life, then let these words soothe you, and/or find a life coach and open yourself up to their support....

"That makes the little me happy." Yes, it does and even if you don't say it...THINK IT..."That makes the little 'me' happy and the big 'ME' knows the truth...I am happy because I choose to be." Be happy, or sad, be depressed or upset, blame the circumstances all you want (the little 'you'), and then remind yourself that happiness is a choice, 'well being' a state of mind, and joyfulness a gift you give voluntarily to the world...love the one's you're with...remember to go gently into the world, bring kindness, compassion and love to your interactions with others and with yourself...until next time, I remain...Respectfully Yours, Larry


Free Website Counter


Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

please, let me know what you're thinking...and let me know if you want a particular subject addressed