WELCOME

The content here is based on the Core Paradigm of human consciousness. I discovered this paradigm seventeen years ago and my life has not been the same since. It's focus is on supporting us in our life endeavors. Each title has a 'thought for the day' and an 'action you can take' to challenge the status quo of the issues you face. Please feel free to browse the various titles, ask questions, comment or challenge anything posted. If you have specific requests or issues you wish me to address let me know. You may contact me at larsline@mail.com or go to my website at http://www.lifeaftersurvival.com/ to learn more about the paradigm and read about my book Life after Survival: Consciously Evolving our Consciousness. I hope you will find value and return often...Larry

Thursday, April 22, 2010

What are 'you' Pretending Not to Know

...or are you? well, here's the rub...if you're triggered, and believe me when I say, "If you aren't now, you soon will be"; really, it's the way of life...and then you too, will be pretending not to know. That's what we do when things don't go our way, or we feel hurt by others, or we want reality to be different than it is...When you feel misused, or victimized, or at the effect of powers beyond your control, 'you', the little 'you' of your fight/flight/freeze persona, just arbitrarily decides not to know what your role in the affair really is..."I don't know why this has to be like it is...."

"Why did you do that to me? Huh, why?" "I have no idea why I lost that contract." "I was just minding my own business, and wham..."I never knew she was so unhappy." "Why are things the way they are in my life? I don't know."...Yes, you do...and no matter the circumstances, it would be a lot better if you looked around and told the truth..."What is it that I'm pretending not to know?" Good question, and even better when you answer it....

"I'm pretending not to know that I'm not a victim; I'm pretending not to know that I'm not paying attention to the concerns of others, I'm pretending not to know that I'm closed off, or self absorbed, or self important, or playing helpless, or hiding, or just being scared out of my mind..." it could be a lot of things, but that is not nearly as important as discovering what it is for you...What are you pretending not to know...and how is that affecting the quality of your life?

What I mean by that is paying attention to the level of enthusiasm you have for facing whatever challenges are coming your way...looking for opportunities to contribute to others and make their lives just a little bit better for your being there...and being in touch with your own vulnerability and making peace with it as you travel down your path...If you wake up each day with a smile on your face and a bounce to your step...well, maybe you are seeing the possibilities, if not...well....

You might wish to leave the little you and begin to allow the big YOU of your Authentic Being to emerge...that is the journey from; struggle to aliveness, or from complaint to caring, or from anger to compassion...trust me when I tell 'YOU', 'you' are pretending not to know each time you are frustrated, confused, and discouraged...and being reminded of that, can be a gift to allow the 'YOU' of your 'beingness' to reemerge...YOU are a gift, YOU are a force that can change the world...use it wisely, be patient and remain awake to your being....

Be well, tread the world gently, care a lot without penalty, find compassion in situations you never could before; and as always, love the ones you're with...until next time, I remain...Respectfully Yours, Larry


Free Website Counter




Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

please, let me know what you're thinking...and let me know if you want a particular subject addressed