WELCOME

The content here is based on the Core Paradigm of human consciousness. I discovered this paradigm seventeen years ago and my life has not been the same since. It's focus is on supporting us in our life endeavors. Each title has a 'thought for the day' and an 'action you can take' to challenge the status quo of the issues you face. Please feel free to browse the various titles, ask questions, comment or challenge anything posted. If you have specific requests or issues you wish me to address let me know. You may contact me at larsline@mail.com or go to my website at http://www.lifeaftersurvival.com/ to learn more about the paradigm and read about my book Life after Survival: Consciously Evolving our Consciousness. I hope you will find value and return often...Larry

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Are We Having Fun Yet?

Are we? I hope so...I was having a grand time watching my computer disintegrate before my eyes...I am using my wife's old one...works better than mine...I have been struggling a bit about what to write here...I want to write about possibilities...possibilities for us as a group, a species, a society, but I don't want it to be any less than a personal contribution to each of you who are reading this...I envision this column as about 'us'...being, having and doing a little better each day...I was fretting and worrying and then decided to tell you my story....

I was out one morning having breakfast, after going to the City of Hope for some fasting blood tests and I got to talking with the people at the next table...some how the issue of drugs came up...not sure how, but then I found myself expounding again on the insanity of making it profitable...make that "insanely" profitable for killers, robbers and criminals to control the drug trade in America and the world...With more than 25% of domestic crime related to the need to feed the drug habit and untold misery inflicted everywhere, it seems truly insane to continue to make drug use illegal...Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want drugs to have the patina that alcohol and tobacco have, in fact, if left up to me each of these would be included into a new category..."Socially unacceptable and personally destructive", Anyone found promoting their use would be heavily fined, anyone found promoting their use to minors would be put in jail...packaging, plain and unattractive with large warnings...controls in distribution which would eliminate profit and promote treatment....

In the beginning any drug user could qualify for a life time supply by simply committing to personal use only, with NO sharing...upon severe penalty...take the profit out of the cartels hands...out of the smugglers hands, out of the users hands...spend the billions we now spend on 'waging war', on treatment, education, and showing how destructive the effects are to all of our children...de-criminalize, de-glamorize and de-incentivize drugs, alcohol and tobacco...give people enough real information to make decisions and let them be responsible for them...stop creating criminals and crime by failed attempts at prohibition...it prohibits nothing and makes this world a hundred times less safe....

I know...scary, and wrong headed...can't be done and won't be...political suicide to actually propose a solution that would let heavy drug users...use drugs, then focus on helping them instead of spending billions to incarcerate and hunt them down...make the crime seducing others and make it so unworthwhile that users would find it best just to use and leave others alone...we could do it...but I fear we won't...we could make it safer by taking the need to rob and steal to buy drugs out of the equation...but it is unlikely that we will...we could end the slaughter in Mexico, Afghanistan, and other places in the world, but we won't...c'est la vi....

So, how was your day? Thanks for putting up with me today, I'll try to straighten up in the coming blogs...if you are feeling anything less than inspired by life...find someone who needs something you have and give it till you feel blessed by the possibilities and potentials that you being on this planet make possible...you are a gift, you deserve to be loved, cherished and esteemed by everyone, most importantly by yourself, be well, love the one's you're with, and until next time...I remain, Respectfully Yours, Larry


Free Website Counter


Free Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

please, let me know what you're thinking...and let me know if you want a particular subject addressed